So you’re new to No Meat Athlete, and don’t know where to start …
(If you’re not new, well, you can safely ignore this one.)
So where do you start?
Well, you’re subscribed to the emails, so that’s a good thing. (Or if someone forwarded you this and you want to get on the list, start here.)
Next, how about the podcast? Subscribe via iTunes or another platform, and you’ll get automatic updates about each new episode we make — one per week, usually.
Finally, dive in. A few nut-jobs (who I love, of course) have told me they started at the first post and read every single one, but these days that’s almost impossible.
So I’ve made it easy for you. Here’s a list of the 30 (give or take) most important, fundamental articles on No Meat Athlete, in five main topic areas, so that you can scan through and start with whatever most grabs your attention.
A quick note: don’t get hung up on the vegetarian/vegan/plant-based language distinction in these titles. With the exception of a few recipes from the early days when I was vegetarian-but-not-vegan, pretty much everything is geared towards 100% vegan diets.
- The Only Healthy Eating Guide You’ll Ever Need
- 10 Simple Guidelines for Eating Healthier than Ever
- Protein: A Simple Guide to Getting What You Need
- Protein for Vegans: A Fresh Approach to Getting Enough
- What Every Vegetarian Should Know about Iron
- Vitamin B12 and the Case for (and Against) a Plant-Based Diet
- What Supplements Do Vegan Athletes Need?
- Are You Getting the Nutrients You Need from Your Plant-Based Diet?
- 10 Foods Worth Eating Every Single Day
- Why I Finally Stopped Eating Oil
- What to Eat Before a Workout: 8 Easy Vegan Meals to Maximize Performance
Running & Fitness
- How to Get the Benefits of Barefoot Running Without Taking Off Your Shoes (probably the best running form tip there is!)
- 7 Running Workouts to Build Stength and Endurance
- From Couch Potato to Ironman — In 20 Months
- How Should You Breathe When You Run?
- 63 Ways to Shake Up Your Running Routine
Mindset, Motivation, and Goals
- How Most People Fail (Before They Even Start)
- How I’ve Begun Changing My Life, One Habit at a Time
- Why Everything They Told You About Goals Is Wrong
- 5 “Easy” Steps for Making Your Unrealistic Goal a Reality
- The Not-So-Secret Secrets to Succeeding at Anything
- On Turning Pro
- Plant-Based Recipes for Athletes
- The Perfect Smoothie Formula
- The Ultimate Energy Bar Formula
- The World’s Most Versatile Veggie Burger Recipe
- 24 Tasty, Healthy Vegetarian Snacks
- The 17 Weirdest Things I Do Now that I’m Vegan
- Why Vegans and Paleos Should Stop Hating Each Other
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Went Vegan
- The Most Laid-Back Guide to Going Vegetarian You’ll Ever Read
And of course, there’s my book, No Meat Athlete (which I just recently found out has sold 25,000 copies)! If you don’t have one yet, get it here or in your local Barnes & Noble store.