How does a classically trained French chef turn into one of the most popular vegan recipe developers on Facebook?
Ask Jean-Philippe Cyr, The Buddhist Chef. He’s made a name for himself not by whipping up thousands of mediocre recipes, but by creating carefully crafted, reliable meals, and doing so in a mindful way.
We frequently share Jean-Philippe’s recipes in the Academy and the Tribe newsletter, so when we had the chance to bring him on the podcast to discuss his food philosophy, it was a no-brainer.
In today’s episode, Jean-Philippe Cyr shares his take on maximizing flavors, mindfulness, and why it’s important to keep recipes simple in order to grow this community.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- French flavors in vegan recipes.
- How Buddhism and food connect.
- Soy sauce in your tomato sauce?
- Why simple is important.
- Making it big on Facebook.
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!