Resistance training can be an enigma, and many of us have heard for years that building muscle on a plant-based diet is difficult if not impossible.
But on today’s episode of NMA Radio, we chat with Marcella Torres and Derek Tresize, former competitive body builders who know what it takes to bulk up, and they do it on a completely vegan diet (and with a family!). Their resistance training philosophy has helped countless people improve their lives by getting stronger, losing weight, and staying injury-free — even as they age.
If you’re looking to build muscle, but aren’t really sure you can do it on a whole-foods, plant-based diet, check out today’s conversation with Marcella and Derek.
Here’s just some of what we talk about in this episode:
- What vegans need to know about building muscle.
- Do plant-based athletes need supplements to get stronger?
- How strength training can improve your life.
- Body-weight exercise routines… are they enough?
- Doug’s experience using Derek and Marcella’s plan.
- Is being sore good or bad?
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Thanks to Aaptiv for supporting our podcast. New members get 50% off annual membership http://www.aaptiv.com/NOMEAT.
The Kickstart Plan includes:
- A 7-day meal plan, built around the foods worth eating every single day
- 14 of our favorite recipes that pack in the nutrition, taste great, and are easy to make
- Focused on simplicity and speed, to minimize stress and time commitment