Want to run an ultramarathon, but don’t think you’re ready?
You aren’t the only one…
With trail and ultra running exploding in popularity, a lot of runners dream about making the leap, but never start because it feels too out-there.
Too long. Too difficult. Too extreme.
What if we were to tell you that your ultramarathon is actually a lot closer than you think?
In today’s episode, Matt and I address the four big hangups runners have when it comes to training for an ultramarathon, and why they might not be hangups at all.
Here’s just some of what we talk about in this episode:
- Does a 50K count as an ultramarathon?
- The ultra mindset (and how to embrace it).
- Do you have what it takes to endure that type of training?
- Why you don’t need to double your fitness.
- The ultra training time commitment.
- Learning to run trails.
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Thanks to Aaptiv for supporting our podcast. New members get 50% off annual membership http://www.aaptiv.com/NOMEAT.