How do you stay motivated to run? How do you get there in the first place?
These questions are some of the most common we get from readers and listeners, and trust us, we don’t have the magic answer. Doug and I have both been through our share of ups and downs in our motivation to run, but through some 20 combined years of running, we’ve learned lots of tricks for getting out the door when you’re just not feeling it.
But even more importantly: we’ve learned how to set goals that matter to you, so that you don’t even need the tricks.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Motivating yourself through big goals and new challenges
- Using new distances, revisiting old ones, and starting run streaks stay focused
- How to break out of a mid-training slump
- What keeps Matt and Doug motivated
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the show:
- What Do You Listen to While Running? (Episode 24)
- Breathing When Running
- 50 Lessons Learned from 50 Days of Running (Matt’s run streak post)
- Why I Ran 442 Consecutive Days: And Why I Quit (Doug’s run streak post)
Other Useful Links:
- Trail Running (Doug’s Blog)