We’re just two days out from Thanksgiving, which can only mean one thing:
Holiday extravaganza episode! It’s time to break out your cornucopias, Black Friday shopping shoes, Santa hats, and champagne glasses, because we’re tackling the whole holiday season in one (long) episode of NMA Radio.
When Doug and I were planning our podcast schedule for the next few months, several holiday-themed topics popped up on the list. Instead of stringing it out over several weeks, we thought it’d be more fun to cover everything holidays, all in one epic episode.
The episode kicks off with more serious topics like how to handle big non-vegan holiday meals with family and friends, and staying on track with your healthy habits when all those cookies are around.
From there things take a less-serious turn, with our favorite recipe and adult beverage recommendations, a gift guide, and a list of our favorite holiday themed music and movies (ABC Family for the win!).
This is the closest thing the No Meat Athlete team gets to a holiday party, so we’ve made it a good one…
Here’s just some of what we talk about in this episode:
- Are holidays an excuse to drop all healthy habits?
- Owning a single habit throughout the holiday season
- When things get awkward, embrace the joke
- Why holidays with non-vegan family members get easier over time
- Matt and Doug’s essential holiday recipes
- Our go-to beers, wines, and cocktails around Thanksgiving and Christmas
- The 2015 No Meat Athlete Gift Guide
- Why it’s not a Christmas in Matt’s house without A.C Slater and Taylor Swift
Click the button below to listen now: