Let’s play a quick game:
Pull out a sheet of paper and jot down all the current food trends that come to mind. How many did you come up with?
Doug and I did that last week, and had no trouble pulling together a long list of popular trends. These days food trends come and go quicker than a Snapchat (that’s what the kids call those things, right?), but every once in a while one will take hold and stick around.
In today’s episode, we chose seven trends from our list that we think have staying power, and discuss what those trends mean for us as vegan athletes. And no, not all the trends that made the cut are even vegan (ahem, bacon) — but we give vegan options of even those.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Can pickle juice stop your running cramps?
- Why even a vegan podcast can’t avoid bacon — and a recipe for a vegan version that will knock your socks off
- A vegan version of bone broth?
- Matt’s experience with tart cherry juice
- Two old drinks’ return to popularity
- The healing power of turmeric
Click the button below to listen now: