The weather might be cooling off, but Summer Running Camp is still in full swing.
This week we cover a topic most runners pretend doesn’t exist (until it’s too late):
Injuries and injury prevention.
For many runners, injuries have become commonplace. They find themselves with a new injury each season, or battle the same aches and pains year after year.
But that doesn’t have to be the standard — in fact it shouldn’t be. There is such a thing as injury-free running, and in today’s episode we’ll help you find it.
So lace up those running shoes and head towards the lake. Camp has officially resumed for the next 55-minutes.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Are injuries just a part of running?
- Why most beginners get injured
- When it’s important to warm-up before a run
- Eating after a run — should you calculate nutrient ratios?
- The forgotten recovery tool
- How to adjust your training after an injury
- The great ball-bag debate
Click the button below to listen now: