When it comes to food and fitness habits, I don’t think rules are a good thing. Guidelines, sure, but without a little wiggle room, it’s too easy to throw up your hands and give in when your willpower runs dry.
But when it comes to living a meaningful life — and ensuring that my system for managing it works — I find it’s actually easier to be less flexible … and to follow a set of real, actual rules.
In today’s episode, Doug and I share the 15 rules we live by, the firm boundaries that help us live the lives we want and find balance and happiness.
They might not all be for you, but I hope you’ll find a nugget or two to add to your own set of rules for living.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- The best reason to make your bed in the mornings
- How to make gratitude a part of your day
- One ritual I do first thing, every single morning
- Hell Yeah! or no
- “Jazz Hour”?
- How play changes everything
- Why I intentionally ignore the news
Click the button below to listen now: