For 91 episodes of No Meat Athlete Radio, we refrained from talking about protein. It’s almost as if we wanted to prove a point.
I wish this had been intentional. But maybe the fact that it wasn’t makes the point even more strongly: protein really just never came up when we brainstormed ideas for topics.
But although longtime vegans and vegetarians know that protein just isn’t the issue most people make it out to be, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have the conversation. If the protein hang-up prevents most people from giving a plant-based lifestyle a chance, then it’s worth talking about.
So here it is: the protein episode.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- How much protein you really need
- Could complete proteins actually be dangerous?
- Common myths around protein
- Why we don’t take protein powders
- Our favorite vegan protein sources
- Tofu, tempeh, and seitan — good or bad?
- Doug’s smoothie-making class
Click the button below to listen now: