It’s no secret that local, organic, healthy food can get expensive. Add in all the fake meats and fancy spices or oils, and suddenly the choice to eat plant-based becomes the choice to spend more than ever on groceries.
But it doesn’t have to be this way. Even if you insist on shopping at the hippest of grocery stores, you can find ways to save money — without sacrificing your family’s health.
In today’s episode, we discuss our strategies for saving money on food, which foods are worth it no matter how much they cost, and which foods we avoid because of their hefty price tags.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Simple meals to save money without cutting corners
- Farmers market strategies to save you money
- Cheap but nutrient-rich foods
- Matt’s grocery store struggles
- Should you avoid tempeh and tofu?
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and you like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Other links from the show: