If you want to make your changes last, flexibility is key. A firm commitment might help at first, but without a little wiggle room, it’s nearly impossible to turn healthy eating into a lasting lifestyle, as opposed to just a “diet” (we all know how those turn out).
But if there were an official “No Meat Athlete Diet,” these 10 guidelines would be it. Guidelines for how to eat healthy on a daily basis, with enough room for spontaneity to make it sustainable for the long term.
In today’s episode, Doug and I discuss those healthy eating guidelines, and exactly why building in that flexibility is important.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- The pros and cons of “dieting”
- Are smoothies healthy?
- Why you have to be cooking your own food
- Variety in diet — is it as important as everyone says?
- How to get by without a $400 blender
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes so you never miss an episode
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and you like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Our Wonderful Sponsor
Other links from the show: