From the very beginning, fitness has been at the heart of my relationship with my wife, Erin.
Before I was brave enough to ask her out on a real date, I made it a point to go buy shoes at the running store in Baltimore she managed, just to talk to her while she fit me in shoes. And after dating for just a few months, I flew out to Chicago to watch her run a marathon there — her first of three marathons, two of which we would run together.
But then we had kids, and as tends to happen, we got busy. Erin made it her priority to be the best mom she could be, and this came at the expense of exercise time. Even with our mostly whole-food vegan diet, Erin never quite lost the weight from her second pregnancy … until now.
Erin recently lost 18 pounds in six weeks, and she’s now smaller than even before we had our first child. More importantly, she’s rediscovered her passion for health and fitness, and is making plans to run a half marathon (her first in over 5 years).
So what inspired the change? What did she have to change from our already-healthy diet to actually lose weight? That’s the topic of today’s episode of NMA Radio — hope you enjoy it!
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- How Erin finally got inspired to make a massive change
- The single, simple concept at the heart of her diet plan
- A typical day on Erin’s plan
- The personality trait that helps her stick with it
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes so you never miss an episode
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and you like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Our Wonderful Sponsor
Other links from the show:
- The Holistic Holiday at Sea vegan cruise
- Chef AJ
- Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure by Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn
- The Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn
- Instant Pot pressure cooker
- The Pleasure Trap by Douglas J. Lisle