What if I told you that by limiting yourself with a strong commitment, you’re actually freeing yourself up to be more creative. You’d think I’m crazy, right?
But it’s true! Constraints on what you can do actually help artists, writers, and even runners. Which is why I recently posted a set of new commitments on the blog. A shiny new running commitment, and a somewhat scary commitment to you listeners.
In today’s episode, Doug and I talk about the power of commitment, and how to actually succeed once that commitment has been made. Which was all good for me to hear, because the last thing I want to do is fail in front of you guys.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Facing the fear of a new commitment
- How commitments have helped Doug and I start businesses and run marathons
- The dip: When things start to go wrong
- Focusing on a compelling goal
- The power of a deadline
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes so you never miss an episode
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions: