Hold up…Doug WINS a 24 hour ultramarathon? Last weekend he not only kept his NMA Radio guarantee by reaching 100 miles under the cut-off, but did us one better by actually winning the race.
In today’s episode we hear a few battle stories from the race, what he learned, and how he managed the monotony of a loop course.
And as summer approaches in the northern hemisphere, so does the heat. After the race discussion Doug and I dive into strategies and tips for training and racing on those hottest of summer days.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Nutrition during a 100 mile ultramarathon
- Mental struggles and benefits of a loop course
- The sweet, sweet glory of winning an ultramarathon
- How heat affects you body during training
- Tricking your body vs actually cooling your core temperature
- Tips for heat training
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes so you never miss an episode
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions: