Let’s play a quick game:
Pull out a sheet of paper and jot down all the current food trends that come to mind. How many did you come up with?
Doug and I did that last week, and had no trouble pulling together a long list of popular trends. These days food trends come and go quicker than a Snapchat (that’s what the kids call those things, right?), but every once in a while one will take hold and stick around.
In today’s episode, we chose seven trends from our list that we think have staying power, and discuss what those trends mean for us as vegan athletes. And no, not all the trends that made the cut are even vegan (ahem, bacon) — but we give vegan options of even those.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Can pickle juice stop your running cramps?
- Why even a vegan podcast can’t avoid bacon — and a recipe for a vegan version that will knock your socks off
- A vegan version of bone broth?
- Matt’s experience with tart cherry juice
- Two old drinks’ return to popularity
- The healing power of turmeric
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Montmorency Tart Cherries: Montmorency tart cherries have been the subject of lots of research, and to date, more than 50 studies have shown the potential benefits of the Montmorency varietal – ranging from inflammation and exercise recovery to sleep. Check out the Cherry Marketing Institute website to learn more: www.choosecherries.com
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Links from the show:
- The Surprising Results of My Tart Cherry Juice Challenge
- Two New Energy Bar Recipes (with Tart Cherries!)
- Can Tart Cherries Make You a Better Runner? A 7-Day Challenge to Find Out
- Perfect Vegan Bacon
- Louisville Vegan Jerky Company
- Chloe’s Vegan Italian Kitchen by Chloe Coscarelli
- How Not to Die by Michael Greger