When it comes to food and fitness habits, I don’t think rules are a good thing. Guidelines, sure, but without a little wiggle room, it’s too easy to throw up your hands and give in when your willpower runs dry.
But when it comes to living a meaningful life — and ensuring that my system for managing it works — I find it’s actually easier to be less flexible … and to follow a set of real, actual rules.
In today’s episode, Doug and I share the 15 rules we live by, the firm boundaries that help us live the lives we want and find balance and happiness.
They might not all be for you, but I hope you’ll find a nugget or two to add to your own set of rules for living.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- The best reason to make your bed in the mornings
- How to make gratitude a part of your day
- One ritual I do first thing, every single morning
- Hell Yeah! or no
- “Jazz Hour”?
- How play changes everything
- Why I intentionally ignore the news
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
ALOHA: Visit ALOHA.com to check out all the revitalizing greens, cleansing teas, pure and powerful protein bars, snacks, and so much more that they have to offer. While you’re there, use promo code ALOHA20 to get 20 percent off orders of 50 dollars or more through February 29th, 2016.
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Links from the show:
- Morning Pages
- 10 Simple Guidelines for Eating Healthier than Ever
- Wake Up: 31 Days and Actions to Take Charge of Your Life
- 6-Phase Meditation
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Play it Away by Charlie Hoehn
- Bigger Leaner Stronger by Michael Matthews
- Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Nicholas Taleb