Summer has officially arrived, which can only mean one thing:
Summer Camp … No Meat Athlete style.
Today’s episode is the first in a new summer series on the fundamentals of running. First topic, building a consistent running routine.
As Matt and I planned this series, it quickly became clear that before we can talk about running form, speed, or nutrition, we have to start with consistency. Running and training consistency is at the core of any progress within the sport, but is often ignored, specifically by beginners.
In this first week of Summer Running Camp, we discuss why consistency is so important and how to develop a sustainable routine, even before you begin training for a goal race.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Consistency as a running fundamental
- Why the time of day you run matters
- The habit side of running routines
- Writing your own training calendar
- Does running damage your knees?
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the show: