A few weeks ago I published an interview with my wife, Erin, about her recent success losing 18 pounds in just a few months, with the help of Chef AJ’s weight loss program. That episode was the most downloaded release in No Meat Athlete Radio history, and the feedback and questions about the program have come in ever since.
So to help answer those questions, and dive deeper into the philosophies behind AJ’s approach to healthy weight loss, I asked Chef AJ herself to join me for an interview.
During this episode you hear Chef AJ’s fiery, funny, former-standup-comic personality as we discuss what it means to eat “left of the red line,” why eliminating oil isn’t the extreme step most people think, and the powerful concept of calorie density.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- What calorie density is, and why it’s so important for weight loss (or gain)
- AJ’s healthy trick for helping Hollywood actors lose 10 pounds in a single month
- How to eat more but weigh less
- What AJ means when she says to “eat to the left of the red line”
- Adapting your taste buds to enjoy less oil, salt, and sugar
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes so you never miss an episode
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and you like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Our Wonderful Sponsor
Other links from the show:
- Eat Unprocessed (Chef AJ’s website)
- Unprocessed by Chef AJ
- The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite by David A. Kessler
- Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us by Michael Moss
- Ultimate Weight Loss Program (note: we don’t get cut in on referrals to AJ’s program or anything like that — it just worked incredibly well for Erin, so we’re happy to share it)
- Healthy Taste of LA