Thumb through just about any parenting book, and you’ll find nearly every chapter focuses on the child.
But that’s the wrong approach, according to friend of NMA Radio Sid Garza-Hillman. Sid believes that building a thriving, healthy family starts with a thriving, healthy parent.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Sid to discuss his brand new book Raising Healthy Parents, and why a vegan nutritionist felt called to write a parenting book.
Oh, and because it’s Sid, we also talk about cold showers, small steps, and counting your breaths. Love that guy.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- What most parenting books are missing.
- The health component of parenting.
- Struggling in front of your children.
- How to recenter before arriving home from work.
- Why Sid sits in a cold river.
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
Join the Tribe and support No Meat Athlete Radio.
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!