Runners, new and experienced, have all heard certain “rules.” Rules like:
- Don’t increase your mileage by more than 10% each week, and
- Take days off from running to stay healthy.
It’s hard and fast advice on how to train, recover, and experience the sport. But can you trust them?
In today’s episode we call out some of the running advice we’ve all heard (maybe even shared), and flip it on it’s head.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Running with headphones
- How to increase your mileage
- Trail running gear
- Recovery period after a race
- Doug’s 442 run streak
- Minimalism vs. zero drop
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Thrive Market: This episode is brought to you by Thrive Market, an online grocery store offering all your favorite vegan, organic, and non-GMO products, but instead of marking them up to premium prices, Thrive Market sells the same premium products at wholesale prices, delivered straight to your door.
Get 25% off your first purchase + free shipping + free 30 day trial by visiting thrivemarket.com/nomeat
Health IQ: This podcast is supported by Health IQ, a life insurance company that celebrates the health conscious. Visit healthiq.com/nomeat to learn more & get a free quote, or check out their life insurance FAQ page to get your questions answered.