Rethinking Morning Routines
There’s no shortage of morning routine advice on the internet … including an older episode of No Meat Athlete Radio.
It typically goes something like this:
Do what I do and you’ll be more productive, creative, and cool.
But that’s not how self improvement works. There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to habits, nor is there one for what to do when you get your butt out of bed in the morning.
Today Matt and I share our new take on the morning routine, and the habits and structures we think work (and why other approaches might not).
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Doug calls you out
- Does other morning routine advice get it wrong?
- Why the simplest habits are often the hardest to keep
- How we structure our mornings
- A morning routine formula
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Health IQ: This podcast is supported by Health IQ, a life insurance company that celebrates the health conscious. Visit healthiq.com/nomeat to learn more & get a free quote, or check out their life insurance FAQ page to get your questions answered.
Links from the Show:
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Undoing Project by Michael Lewis