Throughout the first three weeks of summer running camp Matt and I have focused almost entirely on running topics for beginners:
This week we decided to switch things up a bit by exploring the differences between training for a marathon as a beginner, and training for your second, third, or forth marathon.
To do so we’ve invited one of the biggest running geeks we know, Jason Fitzgerald, a running coach and founder of Strength Running.
He shares advice on advanced marathon training, marathon specific workouts, and how to take your racing to a new level.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- The difference between your first and third marathon
- Measuring your workload
- The best workouts for a faster marathon
- Why you should run more races
- The perils of track workouts for marathoners
- Pacing on race day
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
REBBL: REBBL’s super herb elixirs and protein drinks are made with real food ingredients to de-stress and re-energize your body and mind. Learn more at REBBL.co, and click the “Where to Buy” button at the top to find the elixirs in a store near you.
To enter today’s REBBL giveaway, simply leave a comment about the show below.
Links from the show: