The weather might be cooling off, but Summer Running Camp is still in full swing.
This week we cover a topic most runners pretend doesn’t exist (until it’s too late):
Injuries and injury prevention.
For many runners, injuries have become commonplace. They find themselves with a new injury each season, or battle the same aches and pains year after year.
But that doesn’t have to be the standard — in fact it shouldn’t be. There is such a thing as injury-free running, and in today’s episode we’ll help you find it.
So lace up those running shoes and head towards the lake. Camp has officially resumed for the next 55-minutes.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Are injuries just a part of running?
- Why most beginners get injured
- When it’s important to warm-up before a run
- Eating after a run — should you calculate nutrient ratios?
- The forgotten recovery tool
- How to adjust your training after an injury
- The great ball-bag debate
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the show: