Summer Running Camp, Part 2: Running Form
Get your lake gear ready, it’s time for week two of Summer Running Camp!
During the first week of summer camp we discussed building a consistent running routine. This week, we move on to proper running form.
Most of us learned to run as children, playing tag, sports, and chasing friends around the neighborhood. But it isn’t until we get older — and start running for exercise — that running form even becomes a consideration.
At it’s worst, your running form can leave you injured, but proper form will help with your overall running economy, reducing effort and fatigue while increasing speed.
So what are the basic principals of proper running form?
That’s what we cover in week two of camp.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Why proper form starts with your head
- The forward lean … why is it so hard?
- The form technique that changed Matt’s running forever
- Midfoot vs. heel striking
- Doug’s big announcement!
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the show: