From mid-pack runners to professional triathletes, we’ve had the opportunity to share a lot of stories and advice from vegan athletes on this podcast. But today’s interview is a first — Baggio Hudisic, an MLS soccer player.
I’m excited to share my conversation with the vegan midfielder for the LA Galaxy about his diet, training, and how going plant-based is making him a better athlete.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- The impact of Baggio’s childhood (his family fled Bosnia to escape the war in the mid-90’s) on his attitude towards soccer and diet
- When and why he went vegan
- Was it risky to go vegan when you’re already a pro?
- The incredible, measurable results Baggio has experienced since going vegan
- The affect his diet and results have had on teammates
- How Baggio eats on a typical training day
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
ALOHA: Visit ALOHA.com to check out all the revitalizing greens, cleansing teas, pure and powerful protein bars, snacks, and so much more that they have to offer. While you’re there, use promo code ALOHA20 to get 20 percent off orders of 50 dollars or more through December 31st, 2015.
Thrive Market: An online shopping club offer the best brands and groceries up to 50% off retail price, and shipped all over the US for free. You never have to pay full price for healthy food again. Go to thrivemarket.com/nomeatathlete to start your free 2-month trial and 15% off your first order.
Phone number to ask listener questions: