If wading through all the conflicting information out there to decide how to feed yourself is hard, making that choice for your children is even more stressful.
You can pay attention to your body and how you feel when you make personal diet decisions. And if by chance you do make a mistake and your health suffers for it, you can handle that your own choices are to blame.
With your kids, though, there’s an added sense of a responsibility, and for me at least, much less tolerance for risk. Diet self-experiments might be fun for me, but when it comes to what my kids eat, I’m not interested in anything that hasn’t been proven.
In this episode of NMA Radio, I interview Karen Ranzi, raw food advocate and author of Creating Healthy Children, which T. Colin Campbell has endorsed as a “most important book … that is must reading.”
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- How I raise my kids as vegans
- How to interest your kids in fresh fruits and vegetables
- What parents can do to feel confident in the choice to feed their kids a vegan diet
- How to deal with outside criticism about how you feed your family
- Finding a supportive pediatrician
- Should kids choose this diet, or should we choose it for them?
- The philosophy of attachment parenting
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
ALOHA: Visit ALOHA.com to check out all the revitalizing greens, cleansing teas, pure and powerful protein bars, snacks, and so much more that they have to offer. While you’re there, use promo code ALOHA20 to get 20 percent off orders of 50 dollars or more through December 31st, 2015.
Thrive Market: An online shopping club offer the best brands and groceries up to 50% off retail price, and shipped all over the US for free. You never have to pay full price for healthy food again. Go to thrivemarket.com/nomeatathlete to start your free 2-month trial and 15% off your first order.
Phone number to ask listener questions: