Ever since the early days of starting No Meat Athlete, I’ve gotten a good number of requests for advice about how to start a blog or podcast. Or, more generally, about how to turn your passion into something that allows you to do it for a living.
This stuff is incredibly meaningful to me because of the impact it has had on my life, but I’ve never written or talked about it on No Meat Athlete. “Starting a business” certainly isn’t what this movement is all about, and doesn’t really fit with the other content here.
But today, inspired by a listener question, Doug and I are breaking from that rule. What this question (about starting a business around environmentalism) made me realize is that even though blog and podcast advice is a bit off-topic here, if that advice can help other people start movements that promote health, sustainability, or plant-based diets, then so much the better.
So here you have it: an episode all about how you can turn your ideas and passions into a movement or business through the internet.
Here’s just some of what we talk about in this episode:
- Should you start a blog or podcast?
- Why you have to pick yourself
- How No Meat Athlete became more than just a blog
- Why writing “for everybody” is like writing for nobody
- How to handle criticism (because if you’re doing something attention-worthy, it’s going to happen)
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions: