For all the simplicity of running, there’s no shortage of gadgetry and gear to sift through.
Every season, you’re told to upgrade your clothing, your shoes, your electronics. It’s fun the first few times … but once you realize the cycle never stops, it’s tempting to throw your hands up and decide you’re going barefoot, shirtless, and gadget-free.
But surely, a few items deserve a place in your gear bag. So how do you know what’s really worth your money? Just as importantly, how do you figure out what will perform when need it to … and which gear will leave you chafed and cranky halfway through your run?
In today’s episode, we help you cut through the clutter, focusing on the few — dare we say essential — items of gear that are undoubtedly worth it. From head to toe, hydration to recovery, we share our thoughts on the running gear we couldn’t do without.
Here’s just some of what we talk about in this episode:
- The running shoes we keep coming back to
- The least cumbersome ways to carry your water and nutrition
- Do you need fancy running electronics?
- Tools for injury prevention and recovery
- The most important piece of running clothing
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Other links from the show:
- Runner’s World Half and Festival
- Why Running Shoe Design Matters with Altra Running Founder Golden Harper (Episode 41)
- The Vegan-Friendly Shoes I Wear for Almost Every Run
- No Meat Athlete Gear List
- Foam Rolling for A**holes
Runner’s World Half and Festival Coupon Code: