It’s a compelling story, and an easy one to buy into: that with a diet so rich in micronutrients as a whole food, plant-based one is, we don’t need to supplement much.
That all we need is Vitamin B12, and the power of plants will take care of the rest.
Well, I’ll give you that this diet is pretty incredible … every month, new research backs this up. But at the same time, the research is shedding more and more light on what might be missing from even the most well-rounded plant-based diets.
In this episode of replay NMA Radio, I sit down with my friend and Lightdrop co-founder Matt Tullman — a big thinker whose “30 by 30” goal is to help the plant-based diet reach 30% of the population by the year 2030 — to talk in-depth about which nutrients vegans really need to think about, perhaps even consider supplementing with, to maximize long-term health.
Matt and I agree that the best advertisement for the vegan movement is millions of strong, thriving vegans, and I hope listening to this interview will help you become (or remain!) one of them.
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
The Kickstart Plan includes:
- A 7-day meal plan, built around the foods worth eating every single day
- 14 of our favorite recipes that pack in the nutrition, taste great, and are easy to make
- Focused on simplicity and speed, to minimize stress and time commitment