Right as this episode goes live, I’ll be landing in Rome, Italy, where my wife Erin and I are taking part in a vegan tour. With red wine, fresh vegetables, and beautiful countryside, it’s guaranteed to be a blast.
But this week also marks Week 2 of my official marathon training plan. So it begs the question:
Should I be running while on vacation?
If you’re a regular listener to the podcast, it should come as no surprise that NMA Radio co-host Doug and I approach this answer differently. He loves running, and would do it all the time … including on vacation.
I, on the other hand, don’t. And I prefer my vacations free of stresses like a running routine.
In today’s episode, Doug and I debate our different point of views, and discuss the pros and cons of keeping up a vacation running routine. Doug also shares his tips for planning a running trip … the vacation he looks forward to most each summer.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- The affects of inconsistency on your running routine
- Tips for running in a new city
- Why a mental break from running may help your training
- Can you take an extended break during a training plan?
- How to plan an epic running vacation
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and you like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Other links from the show: