Right now Doug and I have two very different running goals. Next week he’s attempting to run 100 miles in under 24 hours, while I’m just at the beginning phases of a marathon comeback.
In today’s episode, we discuss how we’re approaching these race goals, and what our diet means for both racing and training for the two events.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- The challenges of running a timed race
- Pacing a 24 hour event
- How to fuel for 100 miles
- Matt’s new approach to marathon training
- Diet changes for better recovery
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes so you never miss an episode
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions: