If you aren’t a yogi already, you’ve probably at least considered attending a class. These days yoga studios are everywhere — from small towns to big cities — and that popularity has grown at least in part because of how accessible yoga is for not just the super fit, but for anyone willing to give it a try.
And more importantly, for how transformative it can be for both the mind and body.
The problem is, attending your first class is rather intimidating. What do you wear? Will you look silly when you don’t know the poses?
I remember how it felt before my first class, when I peppered my wife Katie, a certified Yoga Therapist and 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher, with dozens of questions and concerns. She assured me no one would care that I didn’t know what I was doing.
Katie has seen firsthand yoga’s ability to relieve aches and pains, heal injury, and alter patterns of stress and uncertainty, and in today’s episode she not only shares her experiences as a teacher, but gives you that same reassurance she gave me…
So you can feel confident going into your first (or 100th) yoga class.
Here’s just some of what we talk about in this episode:
- What is yoga (and who is it for)?
- How to find the right yoga practice for you.
- The questions Doug asked before his first yoga class.
- Yoga and veganism — how they connect.
- Why yoga can calm, quiet, and heal the mind.
- Getting started with yoga.
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Thanks to Aaptiv for supporting our podcast. New members get 30% off annual membership: Visit http://www.aaptiv.com/NOMEAT.