“Life-changing” is a big claim. Especially when it involves cleaning out your closet …
This conversation started back in January, when Matt read Marie Kondo’s bestselling book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. He said it was one of the best books he’d read in years, I said it wasn’t for me.
Boy was I wrong.
Today’s episode departs from our traditional topics of fitness and nutrition, and focuses instead on a habit we’ve both recently adopted. A habit that will free you from clutter, bring new energy to your home, and take you completely by surprise — I know it did me — with how good it feels.
Yup. It may even change your life.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Do your items spark joy?
- How to start decluttering your home
- Why it’s acceptable to throw away that ugly sweater
- Thanking your items (Doug actually does this)
- What to do with books, race medals, and other items you love
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the show:
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo
- Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Marie Kondo’s Talk at Google
I believe that plant-based is the healthiest way you can eat -- both for how you feel and perform in the short term, and for long-term health. But there are a few nutrients that are hard to get from plants, and I didn't want to take a whole multivitamin with so much extra that I'm already getting from my food. That's why I created Complement Plus, the perfect nutrient formula for plant-based athletes.
Complement Plus brings together, in one place, the essential nutrients that are missing from a reasonably diverse, whole food plant-based diet:
- DHA/EPA Omega-3s
- Minerals like zinc, iodine, and selenium
Click here to learn more.