When it comes to running, there are two areas where most people want to improve. They want to either:
- Run faster
- Run further
And sometimes both.
Today on NMA Radio, we focus on the first one … how to become a faster runner.
I’m not going to sugar coat it. Running faster requires a lot of work (and sometimes pain) but the process itself is fairly straightforward.
I know, because after I crossed the finish line of my first marathon over 100 minutes slower than my goal, I was forced to reevaluate my training and focus on speed.
And you know what? Eventually I reached that goal time and qualified for the Boston Marathon.
In today’s episode, we share our running philosophies for running faster, how we improved on our own times, and the workouts you should include in your training if your goal is to get faster.
Here’s just some of what we talk about in this episode:
- The big mistake most runners make
- Variety … how important is it, really?
- How Matt finally became injury free
- Speed work for the track-hater
- Our favorite workouts for faster running
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions: