- Cooked pasta for 4 people
- 2.5 cups veggie stock
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 small potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 rough chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic rough chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil separated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the chopped onion and garlic in 1 tbsp of the oil until softened
- Add in the veggie stock, sunflower seeds, potato, and garlic powder
- Simmer the ingredients for the sauce until the potatoes are tender. Then blitz in the blender for 2 mins until well-blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. The sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Saute the mushrooms in 1 tbsp olive oil. Add a touch of salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour mushrooms and sauce over pasta.
Read the blog post where this recipe originally appeared: 5 Surprising Reasons Why You Should Replace Cashews with Sunflower Seeds