- Cooked pasta for 4 people
- 2.5 cups veggie stock
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil, separated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Saute the chopped onion and garlic in 1 tbsp of the oil until softened
Add in the veggie stock, sunflower seeds, potato, and garlic powder
Simmer the ingredients for the sauce until the potatoes are tender. Then blitz in the blender for 2 mins until well-blended.
Add salt and pepper to taste. The sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.
Saute the mushrooms in 1 tbsp olive oil. Add a touch of salt and pepper if desired.
Pour mushrooms and sauce over pasta.
Read the blog post where this recipe originally appeared: 5 Surprising Reasons Why You Should Replace Cashews with Sunflower Seeds