- Ingredients for the crust:
- 2 cups Ground Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Grated Beet
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, Hemp Oil, or EFA Blend (I used a combination of coconut and hemp)
- 1/2 tsp Parsley
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Ingredients for the topping:
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 1/2 Spanish Onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped Celery
- 1/2 cup chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/2 cup grated Carrot
- 1/2 cup Green Onions
For the sauce, use the spicy sun-dried tomato marinara from the zucchini pasta recipe.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a food processor, process the crust ingredients until the mixture starts to ball up. Lightly oil a baking tray with coconut oil. Spread the mixture on tray about 1/4 inch thick. Spread sauce over crust and add toppings. Bake for 45 minutes, or until desired crispness is reached.
Reprinted with permission from Thrive, by Brendan Brazier.
Read the blog post where this recipe originally appeared: Sunflower Seed and Beet Pizza Recipe from Thrive