- 1 cup Fresh Dates (or substitute soaked dried dates)
- 1/4 cup Raw Carob Powder (or substitute roasted carob powder)
- 1/4 cup Hemp Protein
- 1/4 cup Salba (White Chia Seeds)
- 1/4 cup Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp fresh Lemon Juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup Sprouted Buckwheat (or substitute cooked) (optional)
- 1/2 cup Frozen Strawberries
Process everything except buckwheat and frozen strawberries in a food processor. After processing, work in buckwheat and frozen strawberries with your hands, then shape and cut.
Reprinted with permission from Thrive, by Brendan Brazier.
Read the blog post where this recipe originally appeared: Vegan Chia Energy Bars Recipe