- 2 cups fresh Corn Kernels (frozen is okay in a pinch)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked White Lima Beans, if using canned drain and rinse well
- 1/2 lb Red Ripe Tomatoes (Cherry Tomatoes look cute here)
- 1 small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped Cilantro
- 3 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chile Powder or Hot Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Good Quality Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Agave Nectar
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground Pepper, to taste
In a large 2 quart saucepan bring for cups of water to a rolling boil. Stir in corn kernels and cook for 2-3 minutes or until corn is just cooked enough so that it’s no longer starchy but still crunchy. Drain corn into a colander and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process. Shake corn to rid of excess water or let drain for 10 minutes. You may also cook corn in the microwave by steaming with 3 Tablespoons of water in a covered glass container. Drain and rinse corn as directed. Place corn in a large mixing bowl and add rinsed lima beans. Slice cherry tomatoes in half into bite-sized pieces and add to corn and limas. Stir in chopped onion and cilantro.
In a large mixing cup whisk together lime juice, chile powder or paprika, olive oil, agave nectar, dried oregano and salt until combine. Pour over corn and bean mixture. Sprinkle with cracked pepper to taste using a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula stir salad ingredients together to thoroughly coat everything with dressing. Cover and chill salad for 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Reprinted with permission from Vegan Latina.
Read the blog post where this recipe originally appeared: Vegan Recipes from Terry Hope Romero