- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2/3 cup Quinoa
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 small head Cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 3 1/2 cups Water
- 8 canned Whole Peeled Tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Tomato Sauce (from the can with the tomatoes)
- 1-1/2 cups Chinese Cabbage, sliced
- 8 Basil leaves, torn
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 shakes of Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parsley, for garnish
Heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven on medium-high heat. Stir in the quinoa, carrot, onion, bell pepper, cauliflower, and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
Pour in the stock, water, tomatoes and sauce, cabbage, bay leaves, Italian seasoning, basil, and spinach. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the quinoa and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley before serving. Also don’t forget to remove the bay leaves!
Read the blog post where this recipe originally appeared: Fridge Cleanout Stew!