- For all:
- 2, 10 oz bags of Vegan Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, about 3 cups
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- For the Peanut Butter Cups:
- 1/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Brown Rice Syrup
- 3/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- For the Almond Raspberry Cups:
- 1/4 cup Natural Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Organic Raspberry Jam
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- For the cherry coconut cups:
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp chopped Natural Maraschino Cherries, about 7 cherries
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Coconut, chopped fine
- 1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- For the Kahlua cocoa cups:
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Natural Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 tbsp Kahlua or Strong Brewed Coffee
- 1 tbsp Extra Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
For each filling, stir the ingredients together. Because nut butters vary in flavor, add a pinch of salt to each filling to taste. Depending on the temperature of your kitchen, the coconut oil may need to be melted first in the microwave in order to mix smoothly. Place the fillings in the fridge while you work on the chocolate cups.
Line a mini cupcake tin with mini papers and spray thoroughly with cooking spray, taking care to get the sides of the cups. Combine 1 bag of chocolate chips with 1 tbsp of the canola oil and place it in the microwave for 40 seconds. Remove and stir, then microwave for another 30 seconds. You can do the next bag of chocolate and oil the same way when you run out, it’s just easier to keep warm by doing it twice.
Spoon about 1 tsp of chocolate into the bottom of each cup. Use the back of a spoon or a small spatula to push the chocolate up the sides of each cup. It’s ok if it’s not perfect because more chocolate will be poured in later.
Refrigerate the cups for about 10 minutes. When the chocolate is hard, add a small amount of filling to each cup using a mini ice cream scoop or melon baller. You want the filling to be lower than the level of the cup so that the tops will be smooth.
Spoon chocolate over the fillings and spread smooth. If your chocolate is too cold, just stick it back in the microwave. If you’d like, add different colored sprinkles to the tops to help you identify the fillings. Do this while the chocolate is still wet.
Refrigerate the chocolates for 10 more minutes or until firm. Keep the chocolates in the fridge until you are ready to serve them, then let come to room temperature.
Read the blog post where this recipe originally appeared: Vegan Chocolate Recipe