- 19-oz. can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley leaves, very coarsely chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed shredded Carrot (from about 1 large carrot)
- 1/2 cup sliced Radishes (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped Scallions, white and green parts (about 4)
- 3 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. ground Coriander
- Kosher salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 6 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup crumbled Toasted Pine Nuts (optional)
Put 1/2 cup of the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and mash them into a coarse paste with a potato masher or large wooden spoon. Toss in the remaining chickpeas along with the parsley, carrot, radishes, and scallions. Stir to combine.
In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, coriander, 1/2 tsp. salt, and a few generous grinds of black pepper. Continue whisking while adding the olive oil in a slow stream. Pour over the salad and toss gently. Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste. Top with pine nuts and serve immediately.
Serve with warmed pita bread, sliced into wedges.