- 3/4 cup Walnut Pieces
- 3 Green Onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cooked or canned Black Beans, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Wheat Gluten Flour (vital wheat gluten)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Savory
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup dry Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
In a food processor, combine the walnuts, green onions, and parsley and process until finely ground. Add the black beans, soy sauce, flour, savory, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth and well combined.
Use your hands to shape the mixture into 8 small patties. Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Dredge the croquettes in the crumbs until coated and arrange on a plate. Refrigerate to firm up, about 20 minutes.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the croquettes and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
Reprinted with permission from, 1,000 Vegan Recipes.
Read the blog post where this recipe originally appeared: Vegan Croquettes Recipe