If you’re anything like me, strength training feels super intimidating.
For starters, you have to know what exercises to do that enhance your other activities (like running, cycling, etc.). Then there’s the question of how to do these exercises correctly to avoid causing an injury.
Plus, for me anyway, there’s the fear of looking silly at the gym next to guys with loads of experience and the muscles that come with it.
That’s why for the longest time, I just avoided strength training all together… to my own detriment. Because as soon as I started doing just 10-15 minutes at home regularly, I saw almost immediate results both with my appearance and my running performance.
In today’s episode, Matt and I share their very different approaches to strength training (he likes the gym, I don’t), and the first steps you can take to get started.
Listen to the episode here:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
The Kickstart Plan includes:
- A 7-day meal plan, built around the foods worth eating every single day
- 14 of our favorite recipes that pack in the nutrition, taste great, and are easy to make
- Focused on simplicity and speed, to minimize stress and time commitment