Have you ever taken a life-changing smoke break? NMA’s own Susan Lacke has, when her old boss, Carlos, convinced her to start working out with him.
Twenty months later, she was running her first Ironman triathlon, writing for NMA, and launching a new career. And it was Carlos’s never-wavering support that she believes made it all possible.
In today’s episode, we speak with Susan about that epic friendship, her new book, Life’s Too Short To Go So F*cking Slow, and the power of supporting someone through their goals.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- The power of denial (in sport and life)
- Picking yourself
- From coach-potato to Ironman finisher
- How one cigarette break changed Susan’s life
- The major difference between triathlons and ultramarathons
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
The Kickstart Plan includes:
- A 7-day meal plan, built around the foods worth eating every single day
- 14 of our favorite recipes that pack in the nutrition, taste great, and are easy to make
- Focused on simplicity and speed, to minimize stress and time commitment