Thinking about running your first ultramarathon? You won’t regret it, we promise. But…
There are a few things you should probably know first. Actually, there are 17 things.
In this week’s episode, Matt and I think back on what it was like training for our first ultramarathons—the hangups and frustrations, and the advice that could have saved us many headaches.
And we’re sharing this with the hope that you don’t make some of the same mistakes we did.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Switching from roads to trails.
- The long training run.
- Does running an ultra make you a worse runner?
- Focusing on the downhills (and learning how to walk).
- The beautiful curse of finishing your first ultramarathon.
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
The Kickstart Plan includes:
- A 7-day meal plan, built around the foods worth eating every single day
- 14 of our favorite recipes that pack in the nutrition, taste great, and are easy to make
- Focused on simplicity and speed, to minimize stress and time commitment