I want to lose five pounds. Not because I need to for health reasons, but because for as long as I can remember, I’ve had a little extra weight that I just can’t seem to drop. Even with a regular running routine, plant-based diet, and all-around healthy lifestyle, those pesky few pounds stick around.
So the question is, how can I lose five pounds without totally changing my life? I’m not interested in a crash diet, and I want to drop the weight in a sustainable, healthy way.
In today’s episode I pose that question to Matt, and together we formulate a plan for how to lose those final few pounds without completely disrupting my life and eating habits.
Here’s just some of what we talk about in this episode:
- Intermittent fasting … what is it?
- Why counting calories (for a few days) might help
- Should I stop drinking beer?
- Reducing oil intake
- Nuts … and why I want to keep them in my diet
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Health IQ: This podcast is supported by Health IQ, a life insurance company that celebrates the health conscious. Visit healthiq.com/nomeat to learn more & get a free quote, or check out their life insurance FAQ page to get your questions answered.