Matt is a wanna-be chess nerd.
That’s right, when Matt isn’t working on No Meat Athlete, hanging with his family, cooking, or going to the gym, he’s geeking out on chess.com tutorials.
And that’s probably exactly what he should be doing.
It’s easy to get so caught up in work, family, and other obligations that you never make time for yourself, and when you don’t make time to do things that bring you joy, it’s hard to bring joy into the other things you do.
In today’s episode, Matt and I discuss the importance of hobbies, what makes for a good hobby, and why we think they’re so important.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- The most important habit
- What makes for a good hobby?
- Thinking outside the box
- Why coffee kept Matt from meditating
- The deal with disc golf
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Athletic Greens: This episode of No Meat Athlete Radio is brought to you by Athletic Greens, a complete whole food supplement, with 75 plant-based ingredients working together to help with 11 different areas of your health. Learn more at athleticgreens.com/nomeat.
Health IQ: This podcast is supported by Health IQ, a life insurance company that celebrates the health conscious. Visit healthiq.com/nomeat to learn more & get a free quote, or check out their life insurance FAQ page to get your questions answered.
The Kickstart Plan includes:
- A 7-day meal plan, built around the foods worth eating every single day
- 14 of our favorite recipes that pack in the nutrition, taste great, and are easy to make
- Focused on simplicity and speed, to minimize stress and time commitment