For a long time, I thought eating healthy meant following strict, labor intensive recipes. Maybe because while growing up, quick meals were processed, oily, and generally included at least one box.
But over the years — as I started cooking plant-based food on my own — simple, fast, healthy meals became a weekday staple in my diet.
I now only use cookbooks when I have the extra time to cook something special, and I find that the best meals often feature only a few ingredients and take just 20 minutes to prepare.
Matt, with two kids and a busy schedule, has a similar story.
In today’s episode, we share our go-to quick and easy plant-based meals. The meals that we rely on week after week.
And the best part? Most of them are completely adaptable to the ingredients you have on hand.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Plant-based pizza as a health food
- Why we flock towards southwestern flavors
- The humble potato
- Can a salad be your dinner?
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Athletic Greens: This episode of No Meat Athlete Radio is brought to you by Athletic Greens, a complete whole food supplement, with 75 plant-based ingredients working together to help with 11 different areas of your health. Learn more at athleticgreens.com/nomeat.
Health IQ: This podcast is supported by Health IQ, a life insurance company that celebrates the health conscious. Visit healthiq.com/nomeat to learn more & get a free quote, or check out their life insurance FAQ page to get your questions answered.
The Kickstart Plan includes:
- A 7-day meal plan, built around the foods worth eating every single day
- 14 of our favorite recipes that pack in the nutrition, taste great, and are easy to make
- Focused on simplicity and speed, to minimize stress and time commitment