With this week’s Equinox came the end of summer … and the official closing ceremony at the NMA Summer Running Camp.
If you missed the first four weeks of camp, here’s what we covered:
- Building consistency
- Running form
- How to prevent running injuries
- Advanced marathon training and racing with coach Jason Fitzgerald
After much consideration, Matt and I felt there was no better way to wrap things up than to head to the races.
In this week’s episode we share a complete race day walk-through. From port-o-potties to pacing, we present the whole picture and how to manage it.
Oh, and there’s a special treat at the top of this episode, so crank it up.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- The days leading up to your race — what you need to know
- What to eat on race morning
- Port-o-potties … how to handle the lines
- Are pacing groups helpful?
- Dealing with the marathon bonk
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the show:
- Summer Running Camp, Part 1: Building Consistency
- Summer Running Camp, Part 2: Running Form
- Summer Running Camp, Part 3: How to Prevent Running Injuries
- Summer Running Camp, Part 4: Advanced Marathon Training and Racing with Coach Jason Fitzgerald