Today it’s all about the staples: for a new vegan, it’s easy to find cookbooks and recipes that guide you through dinners, but what about a simple bowl of cereal, toast, or cup of tea?
With an increasingly large number of vegan substitutes available, it can feel like an overwhelming task to choose the healthiest ones. Not to mention making sure your favorite bread or pasta is actually 100% plant-based.
Inspired by a listener question, co-host Doug and I dig deep into our pantries and refrigerators to discuss the most common staples you’ll find in our vegan kitchens.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Milk substitutes — what are the differences?
- Eliminating the need for butter
- Cooking with different oils (or none at all)
- The spice dilemma
- The nuts, seeds, and flours we keep in stock
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and you like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions: