As young children, we were all runners: chasing friends on the playground, screaming through sprinklers, and sprinting down the first base line in tee-ball.
And we ran with pretty darn good form, too — without having to think about it.
Does this mean that we don’t need to worry about form now?
Of course not … but it doesn’t mean we need to obsess over it, either. Instead, the basics of running form can be understood with just a few simple keys: keys that help us, as adults, to run like we did when we were kids.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- The single most important ingredient of proper running form
- What minimalism can teach you about form
- Your optimal running cadence, and how to get there
- Why form adjustments will slow your pace
- Does shoe choice affect your stride?
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes so you never miss an episode
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and you like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Other links from the show: