Last month, Doug and I were invited to attend the Runner’s World Half and Festival, along with a dozen or so other bloggers. We were able to run in all three of the races (5k, 10k, and half marathon), and attend a number of seminars and events hosted just for our group of bloggers. You may recall that I did something similar a few months back in Boston, and was excited to have another opportunity to attend a Runner’s World event.
It was a ton of fun running the races and hanging out with the Runner’s World staff (including Bart Yasso!), but one of my favorite parts of the weekend was a seminar on running form and shoe design hosted by Golden Harper, one of the founders of Altra Running shoes. I liked it so much, I thought we should invite him on the show to share his philosophy and a bit about how Altra was created.
At the end of the episode, we mention that we’re giving away a free pair of Altra shoes! Just leave a comment on this post to enter.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Fun times at the Runner’s World Half and Festival
- How the first zero drop shoe was developed in a home toaster
- The history of zero drop technology
- How cushioning can have an impact on your running form
- Why the shape of your shoe is important
- Altra running shoe giveaway!
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the Show:
- Altra Running
- Golden’s Twitter
- Altra’s Running Form Demos
- Runner’s World Half and Festival
- Doug’s Runner’s World Half recap (Rock Creek Runner)
- Weight Off My Shoulders
- Run Pretty
Links to Runner’s World Half and Festival Sponsors: