For years, Christy Morgan has been known as the Blissful Chef. Her macrobiotic vegan cookbook, Blissful Bites, is one I really like and use now and then for a super-clean meal.
But recently, Christy took her career plant-based cooking world in an unexpected direction, becoming interested in powerlifting, bodybuilding, and fitness in general. Now a Certified Personal Trainier, Christy has rebranded herself as the Blissful and Fit Chef, and sat down with us to talk about her transformation from chef to trainer — and how her approach to healthy plant-based cooking has fit into both.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Macrobiotic foods and why it’s now part of the mainstream
- How Christy eats to train for bodybuilding and powerlifting
- Women and muscle building, why Christy is on a mission to change conventional thinking
- Definition Magazine, strength and training for plant-powered ladies
- How to get started with bodybuilding
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the show: